Thursday 20 May 2010

Bangkok in Tears

The news and pictures have gone around the world. Bangkok has been "reclaimed" by the military and the reds have torched a number of buildings, especially around Siam.

Siam used to be my home in BKK, where I would go every evening. Now it is a very different place. But unless some of my Bangkok friends, I dont loose a lot of time worrying about buildings.

I am more worried about the people, the ones who have been hurt, and I am sad about the ones who have lost their lives. The rifts in Thailand will take years to heal and the anger of the lower class will only grow.

I would like to leave you with some pictures. They are graphic. But then again, what happened in BKK WAS very graphic.


The picture of the year.

BKK in flames.


Soldiers in front of MK restaurant.

An Italian photographer sadly lost his life...

Red shirts handcuffed

The mess...


Zen burning.

An injured soldier.

Injured soldier and Canadian photographer...


A red shirt protester who lost his life.


BKK in flames.


A very strong picture, a handcuffed monk.

Soldiers advancing into Lumphini.

Soldiers followed by photographers.

No comment.


Centralworld.

4 comments:

  1. omg.. this is horrible... I was worried for something so silly... now I see this... omg the people.. this is so scary

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel bad too....its so sad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its nice surfing into your blog again.. I just got back from bkk and everything is fine now.. missing all the food and the nice people :).

    am going for more read on your blog


    Leon Koh 许涵量
    Your reader from SingaBore
    my blog : http://hanleong.blogspot.com
    A SingaBorean gay chap trying to make sense of life in the island city

    ReplyDelete